Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait!

As I have previously reveled I am planning a trip for my family to Paris, the South of France, Barcelona and Malaga Spain for September 1-15. We had sort of already set these dates due to a tour we signed up for in Provence. I forgot that September 1 would be a holiday and hard to find cheap fares. Well low and behold I have been scouring the internet for WEEKS for a cheap flight. As I looked and looked at every travel sight I could come up with...well me and Clark Howard could come up with...I set a goal price of $750 for the round trip tickets. Pretty ambitious seeing as how the cheapest thing I could find was $1178. So, last night I am surfing, surfing, surfing...every travel site and even sites the sites I am searching suggest. Finally I find a fluke of a deal for $365 ROUND TRIP to Paris and return from Barcelona. I am sweating...I call my sister who has been working 15-17 hour days for the past 3 weeks...she works for an accounting firm. Her response...”who is this?” It was after midnight. So I finally calm down and tell her the details and she says “get it!” so I go to book it and the website says...”Sorry this fare is no longer available, it is now $979” Ugh...I won't give up. I search and search some more, call my parents and get them on board, search and search...finally a fluke happens AGAIN and I find the same fare. OK, so now I know it is not a joke. I am determined. Sparing you anymore details like the website trying to charge me for all 6 tickets....I am finally able to book all 6 of us from Atlanta ~ Paris, We'll then take the train...... to Provence and from Provence to Barcelona and Barcelona to Malaga then back to Barcelona and then fly from Barcelona ~ Atlanta. The plane tickets were only $455 with taxes and fees. I paid for 3 and my dad paid for 3. I am good!

No comments: