Thursday, May 17, 2007

My Tale from the Dominican Republic

All in all mission was accomplished. We spent some quality time with our friend Kim from South Bend, My sister and I did not kill each other...probably thanks to Kim, and we got a few days to rest and relax. Of course there really is not too much to do in the DR as they call it. So happy about that to begin with. No extreme sports to occupy my time this trip. We got an awesome deal ($700 for 6 days) so we did do a few other things. The resort was all inclusive which in my opinion is sort of like a cruise in that the food is not what the whole trip is really about so load up on the things you like. Plus I was a little worried to eat some things I normally love due to the water and all. As a whole the food was edible but nothing was outstanding. Did not bother us too much. We ate out at a little place down on the beach we had heard about which had wonderful steaks and burgers. They also have these things they call "Dumptruck Potaotes" the boil little potatoes and then smash them a little and then fry them. They were yummy!


The Second day we did go on a day trip to a little private island via a yacht and had a nice lunch on another island and then we went bananna boating. Whoo Hoo. I actually went and it was fine. The second boat turned over 3 times. We did not. The private Island was absolutely georgeous! I would love to stay there a week or more but they just had a little hut and some cold drinks. Not facilities as you will and luckily I didn't need one. Kim sadly got sick on the way back to the resort from the food mixed with a bumpy bus ride home.


The next day we went to the Ocean Wold which was fine but just a Big Lots version of Sea World in my opinion. Beth did get to swim with the dolphins which she loved...so for the most part it was worth it too.


On day 3 we just sat around by the pool and did nothing which was wonderful. They had 7 pools and we could have our pick any place we wanted to be for the most part. Very few people around and only a few kids. We all tried out the slide. My limit on extreme sports for this trip. Beth and Kim got so tickled on it I thought one of them was going to lose it.
Hope you will enjoy the pictures.

No comments: