Sunday, March 11, 2007

I AM a real adult!

As I was coming home on Thursday afternoon I run into my 12 year old neighbor. I say "Hi Christian, How are you?" "Not so good", he says. "I have to do a project this weekend". I wished him luck and we get into the elevator. "What floor?" he asks. "Dude", I say trying to be all 7th grade hip, "I am your neighbor"...He forgot. So we go along and again I wish him luck with his project.


This morning at 10:20a.m., which is really 11:20a.m. I must note, I am still lounging around getting ready for my dinner party tonight when I hear a tiny tap on the door. As I open it I am pleased to see my little neighbor with pad and pen perched on my doorstep. "Um...can I see your mother?" He asks..."My mother?" I reply.."Does not live here. Can I help you?" "No" he says, "I am supposed to interview real adults". "Dude", I use again to show my 12 year old mind, "I AM a real adult" "Oh" he says and turns away...to my other neighbor who is exiting at this point. I quickly duck behind my door so Mark Paul Gosselar..aka my neighbor... can't see me in my pj's as he heads out for a jog. As I duck behind the door and pretend to be all cool for a 41 year old I hear Junior asking Mark if he can interview him. Hello! The man is like 25 years old I think. Yet I am not a real adult! I guess I should be thankful he moved on... the question he asked.."Why do we have different seasons of the year?"

No comments: