Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Another year has gone by

This time last year I was busy, busy planning my 40th birthday party for 50 of my closest friends. Hard to believe I will be 41 in just a few short days. Obviously this year will not be quite the celebration. As Bossy was clear to point out..."You don't have parties for your 41st birthday." Damn her! Well, tomorrow night I am having dinner with my married couple friends I have not introduced here yet. They are very sweet to have me and a few other friends over. Plus she is an excellent cook. Then on Friday I am going to a Japanese place with my girls (my actual b-day), Bones with the family on Saturday night, and out with my best boy Mark on Sunday night. As one of my co-workers called it, on Monday my office will make our annual pilgrimage to the Old Hickory House. Funny thing is I don't even claim I like Bar-B-Que. Maybe because my bro works for a BBQ company. BUT...Old Hickory is one of my favorites...and yes I have BBQ. I guess it has something to do with my fond childhood memories. We used to go to OHH almost every Saturday. They used to have them all over Atlanta. now we only have 2 but luckily they are both easy to reach from my work or home.
As you may remember I am planning on taking my sis to Napa Valley for a little R & R to celebrate her 40th Birthday which is January 3. Yes, we are only 13 months apart. Last night I wrote a little poem and gave it to her at this little Christmas party we had. Well, it was my mom's little dinning group and their daughters out for dinner. Only 7 of us. The restaurant (Merlot) was pretty good but very casual and WAY, WAY out for my ITP roots. So, I gave her the little poem at dinner. For the last 24 hours she has done nothing but guess where we are going. I really had her thinking we were going to Boston. I've been dropping hint about going to NYC for weeks now. She probably has figured me out by now. She seems really excited and does not want to really know until Christmas. NOT ME! I told her not to ever do anything like this to me. I got the balloon ride all figured out and our reservation also for Chez Panisse in Berkeley. Gourmet Magazine rated it number 2 in the country. We have quite a bit planned.

6 comments:

Monogram Momma said...

I'm so jealous you're eating at Bones this weekend. You and Bossy with your fine filet dinner's this week, I swear!

That's Sew Sally said...

I guess I shouldn't mention that I had fried lobster tails with smoked gouda grits at Merlot. Luckily I'm going to be doing lots of shopping this weekend and running around.

Monogram Momma said...

grrrrrrrrrrrr

Bossy Bar-Wife said...

Happy Birthday, honey! I don't remember saying that you couldn't have a party for your 41st birthday! I have never known you not to celebrate something to the fullest! I hope your round of meals is excellent.

Mayor of Crazytown said...

Happy Birthday!!! I think you can have parties for 41st birthdays! And hickory house totally reminds me of my childhood- my mom and dad dragging me and my sister there and me crying everytime...but I like it now!!

That's Sew Sally said...

Thanks ladies! It was a fabulous Birthday.