Monday, November 20, 2006

I am...That's Sew Sally!

People were calling me "Sew Sally" because of all the sewing I used to do. I have made a nice little bit of extra cash doing some monogramming and sewing. This past week a friend asked me if I would do somethings for her...but she wanted them for Thanksgiving. Since I also work almost full time I knew this weekend would be the only time to work on all of this. Well, from previous blogs you may know I put it all off until Sunday evening. YIKES! As you can see it all worked out pretty well. One thing I did conclude was my machine needs a good tune up. Since I haven't been sewing I hadn't noticed it until now. Thank goodness "Rosey" made it through these projects. I hope these outfits will make Monogram Momma proud. Sometimes my talents surprise me too. Isn't that refreshing!

5 comments:

Monogram Momma said...

hey there Sew Sally! I am not only PROUD of these fine little southern garments but ENVIOUS of your button hole skills! Yes, that will seem silly to anyone who can't sew, but you know how difficult that is! Did you make the littel green longall from scratch? If so, how much and what's the over under on price?! I'm totally interested but in a navy blue corduroy. I've alreayd got eh fabric! Let me know!

That's Sew Sally said...

Hey Monogram Momma, That pattern is SO easy. It is actually a boys pattern from Children's Corner called Jeffery. You can buy a little buttonhole cutter thing and it works great...with the automatic buttonhole maker on your sewing machine. Do you sew? Seriously I really DO NOT sew...my machine does most of the work.

Monogram Momma said...

Yes, of course I sew!I have a computertized Janome MC 4800 Quilters Edition. It can do everything but baste the Thanksgiving Turkey and it does automatic buttonholes but I have not been patient enough to figure it out. Did you get the pattern at Hancocks? Is the book called "Children's Corner?" I've never heard of it but I'm now determined. Oh! FYI, my JoAnn's is having 50% off all corduroy's right now so yours might be as well!

That's Sew Sally said...

Of course you sew...What was I thinking? As I said I don't really sew very well. Just 2 outfits. An A line dress and long/shortall for boys and girls. I made these for all my firends kids. I did also make matching Easter dresses for skymiles girls daughters. I'll send you the picture.

Monogram Momma said...

Yes! please! I want to see! Thanks, sally!