Wednesday, November 22, 2006

I feel guilty


Most of you know I have a strict hard and fast rule about Christmas Music. While I love it I try to wait to begin the Holiday Season on Thanksgiving Day....or the following day, even better. I try not to do any shopping or play any holiday music until after Thanksgiving. This year I have already been out shopping (and from previous post you know I have already finished my shopping for my sister) TWICE. Well, last night I decided to get all my Christmas music I wanted downloaded to my ipod. I had to play a little snippet to make sure it was the correct song and now I cannot get this song out of my head. I keep singing the same line over and over because I can't remember any more of the song and I am going crazy wanting to know the whole song. I am very happy I just downloaded the songs to my computer and not actually on my ipod because I would have listened to them this morning. Yesterday Bossy sent me an e-mail with several Christmas Questions attached. One of them...What is your favorite Christmas Memory? Easy...here is what I said...

A few years ago we went to Williamsburg for Christmas.

On December 23 they had the "Lighting of the Holiday" or some such.

It was at night and it was 2 degrees outside...acting like it was going to snow.

All the Williamsburg actors were out along with the Fife and Drum (band)

lighting the gas lamps with big torches. They had a parade and Dickens

folks singing carols and it was just "CHRISTMAS". We left the parade and

walked down the street to the Bruton Parish Church for ginger cookies and cider.

The whole family was together and Mimi was also with us.

It never snowed but Washington had so much they called it a white out since

there was so much snow. It is only an hour away from Williamsburg.

The next year we went to Washington and still no snow.


So the next thing I did was download my songs and I couldn't help getting in the mood. It is almost a little sad for me because I am so ready for Thanksgiving to come and go...as you know I love Thanksgiving too....so I can put on my Christmas mood full swing. You can bet the first song I will listen to tomorrow is "You Make Me Feel Like Christmas" (Neil Diamond..chessy? yes..but that man can sing!) Happy Thanksgiving All!

No comments: