Thursday, November 16, 2006

I love Thanksgiving!

Even though turkey is not really my favorite I LOVE Thanksgiving. This year my mom is recovering from hip replacement and still in a rehab facility. We thought we'd make it easy on her and us and have t-giving at The Ritz or Four Seasons. We checked it all out, got the menus, wine list and of course all the dessert items. I love a buffet. Well, then my mom's friend, who we spend most holidays with, invited us and did not want to think about a restaurant. Hopefully my mom will be released from rehab on Wednesday. Usually we all make something to bring and the hostess will make the turkey. She is a pretty good cook so no worries there. I'm all set to make Martha's pearl onions and leeks. It looked very yummy when she made it.
So in addition to my brother and his wife, my sis, mom and dad there will be my mom's friends, we'll call the Baboo and Lala, what their grandkids used to call them when they couldn't say their "official names" and their daughter, my brothers age, her husband and their three kids. Now that they are a little older 12, 10 and 7...they have become a little quieter. Without a doubt it will be a lively holiday. This turkey is still on my fridge from last year at their house. Made by the family artist...at age 6. She only had to make 22 last year, 6 of us 15 of them plus one friend. This year will be different.

Friday morning mom, dad, sis and I head off for our annual day at the outlet mall/Target/Khols/Walmart. This year we used our hotel points to stay for free in the hotel in Dahlonega. Yea...I know, why use points in Dahlonega GA but they were Days Inn points, who knew I stayed at Days Inn so much?? They were actually left over from Eurpoe where Days Inn is really nice American Hotel there. Back to the adventure.....this way we get two days of shopping. Dinner at our favorite place in Dahlonega, Corkscrew. If you get a chance you should go here. It is about 30 minutes north of the outlet mall but the town is so cute and the restaurant so yummy, and cheap by my fancy Atlanta standards. Then on Saturday we are planning on spending some time at Wolf Mountain Vineyards, and Blackstock Winery which are both suprisingly very good. Getting us in the mood for Napa.

2 comments:

Bossy Bar-Wife said...

I love Thanksgiving too! Sounds like you have a lot of fun stuff to do.

That's Sew Sally said...

Well, I won't get to have 3 or 4 dinners like some people but I'm sure we will have it again at some point over the weekend so we can have our own turkey.